Monday, April 25, 2011

PANCAKES!!

A woman a couple generations before me told me awhile back, "I've never made pancakes in my life."  It was hard to hide my surprise.  I was appalled!  This is unbiblical, I thought.  I wanted to quote scripture to her:

Can'tst thou not make pancakes for thine own family?  How must thou make thy family happy?
Revelation 152:8 (because it does seem like the end times in this situation)


I looove pancakes and cannot imagine life without them, therefore I must share this gospel with all people, both Jews and Gentiles.  I, after much tinkering, have developed the best pancakes ever.  Here is my recipe:

1 and 1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup milk

Spray medium hot pan with pam spray or similar and flip pancakes when bubbly or light brown on bottom.  They get pretty fluffy, so watch out for that.  Sometimes I add 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips for fun, or half of a mashed banana with a pinch of cinnamon.  Diced apples (1/3 cup) with cinnamon are also good.

No comments:

Post a Comment